Monday, January 21, 2008

Day Six...

Ok, today was sympathy designs day. I just have to add this first too...the sun was actually out today, but don't let it fool you. Not warm! On my way home the temperature was 29F or -2C and that's not counting the slight wind that we had today. Brrr! Apparently there is an "Arctic Front" coming in this week. Can't wait for that. Ok, so back to les fleurs...we did sympathy design today, which was a little more challenging because it's on a larger scale and we don't have a lot of room to step back and look at our work, so there were a couple of areas of improvement for me on these. It's all good though...it keeps my humble. I guess I can't be perfect at everything ;). Just kidding. Oh, speaking of perfect though, yeah..that's what I got on our first test today. I know, I know....I'm a nerd in every sense of the word. I even study for floral exams. Whatever! I'm going to be a wicked designer because I know the details of the design profession, right?! hehe

So, here's the first attempt at a large scale funeral piece (fan design).

Here is the easel spray

These funeral pieces are actually a lot of fun and it's kind of a little taste of what my large scale design class will be like. I'm actually really stoked for it now. I like the challenge, and I really like the end results.

3 comments:

Tammy said...

Hey sis! I talked to Michelle today, she said to give her a call when you get back into town and she said she would put you to work. By the way - I love this blog update everyday and being able to see the great things that you are doing - good work my dear!

LindsayB said...

it was a high of -4 today. i took the kids for a walk because it was so nice.

LindsayB said...

oh i forgot. this is my first visit here and the flo...rist? i am still laughing. maybe it's just the day, but that is really funny right now. it's supposed to be funny right?!!