Friday, January 25, 2008

Day Ten...

Ok, two weeks down and one to go! What a way to go out too. We were split into two teams and given weddings that we needed to design. So cool, and what a great experience! It was awesome because we got to let our designing juices flow, while taking what we have learned so far and applying it to our designs to incorporate all of the elements and principles. I seriously had so much fun and we had a great team! Both teams did a FABULOUS job and I thought both weddings turned out really beautifully. Anyway, it was a great day and a lot of fun.

My practice pew bow...Pollyanna style. I'm bringing it back!

The other team's wedding. Garden style in yellows. Gorgeous! They did such a good job!

The other team (l-r): Maryann, Josie, Alyssa, Treh, Sandy

Our wedding. Simple elegance in whites and creams. How'd we do?

My team! (l-r): Alisa, Nicole, Pam, Debbie, and Me
(Note the lovely hair garland we made earlier and I forgot I still had on.
I think it gave me my designing juices!)

3 Bridesmaid bouquets and 1 Maid of Honor bouquet (made by Debbie)

The Bride's Bouquet (made by yours truly)

Cake topper (made by me), and other cake decorations done by Pam and Debbie

Corsages and boutenirs for the wedding party (made by Pam, Nicole, and Alisa)

Flower girl's nosegay and Ring Bearer's boutenir (made by Alisa)

Guest book flower vase (made by Pam)

Me with my lovely Bridesmaids ;) haha just kidding.
We just wanted to try and get good pictures of our pieces, but I'm realizing I need to take better pictures of my bouquet for my portfolio before it's too late!

4 comments:

The Brandleys said...

wait so who won? Was it a contest? I think your teams wedding was prettier but maybe I'm biased! Who knows, anyway great job, too bad I'm already married!!

Boren Family said...

You are awesome! I wish I was half as creative as you. Kudos!

the heiner family said...

I think the look really works for you...keep on keepin' on!

Megan said...

Seriously, Minnie Mouse...nice bow on the top of your head. HAHA...and I love that you got the whole hippy garland flower thing going on in your hair. It is amazing. I think that you guys won because your flower arrangements were fuller and i like the white. But then again, I may be like your family and biased too or maybe it is just your amazing sense of style in the photos that tipped the scales in your favor!