Monday, February 4, 2008

Day One...

I'm honestly a little confused. I didn't know whether to call this day one or day sixteen? It's the first day of Advanced, but the sixteenth day I've been in class. Whatever. So...I LOVE the Advanced class!! Oh my gosh - so fun! We have total freedom, there are only 4 of us, and we get all sorts of great materials and expensive, fragrant, beautiful flowers. I'm so in heaven right now. We worked with two of my favorite flowers today, learned a technique I've been dying to learn, and got to use our individual creativity on every piece. AND we got to bring all three pieces home. How funny that three pieces took us longer to do in one day of Advanced than multiple pieces one day in Basic. One word...detail! Well, or I could say that it's all hand work too. FYI - the Advanced class covers 3 days of Advanced wedding design, and 2 days of Advanced contemporary. Today we did 2 new wedding bouquets and 1 corsage. Ok, for your viewing pleasure, I have included many photos!

Arial view of hand wrapped bouquet. It has a gardenia, stephanopsis, roses, and orchids in it.
It smells soooo good, but those are some expensive and fragile flowers.

View of whole thing. Those orchids dangle down and bounce when you walk. So cute!

Up close and personal.

Another close view from another angle.
Sadly, I didn't realize how bunny like that bear grass is until I saw the finished product.
Note to self: make bear grass loops shorter or at least not the same height.

Dutch spiral technique of a hand-tied bouquet with tulips.

Arial view of the dutch spiral. Oh, and this one is crossed with lioropes.

Front view

Corsage of stephanopsis made with aluminum wire. So now! ;)

3 comments:

Tammy said...

So very cool and creative, I love the dutch one with the weave thingy, it is very cool. It sounds like this is going to be a fun week! Can't wait until tomorrow to see the new things.

Megan said...

I am excited that you get to do your own thing in this class. Your pieces look awesome. All of them...I can't decide which one I like the best. The white flowers you used in your wedding bouquet were soooo pretty. Keep being awesome and creative so that when I get married in the next 10 years, I can have the raddest bouquet to complement my rad personality. Ha. Just kidding. But seriously, everything you did today looked amazing. I become more impressed with you everyday!

Boren Family said...

Wow!!! You are amazing! They were all great but I think my fav was the tulip one.