Saturday, February 9, 2008

Day Five...

Today was the last day of class, and I won't lie...I had a lot of feelings. I totally loved this class and I'm so glad that I took it because I learned a lot and I gained a lot of confidence in my ability to design and in my creativity. I can't believe I've been in Portland for 4 weeks, and I honestly don't know what I'm going to do on Monday when I don't have to wake up and be in class by 8:30. Thank goodness I start doing some work at my friend's floral shop! When we got our certificates at the end of the day today I read it and got all sorts of emotional inside (for many reasons), because I was thinking "Wow! I can't believe I've finished already!" I felt a sense of accomplishment having finished it, and it also felt great because I have finally finished something that I have been thinking about doing for 6 years now. I followed one of my dreams and now I'm excited to see where it will take me. It feels really great, and I just had a rush of inner emotions that felt very cool. Anyway...so here is what we did today. Also, this is it for the floral blog until March 26th, unless I make something super cool at the shop or something whilst I'm working.

A lovely topiary viewed from several different angles, shown here.




Vegetative design also viewed from many different angles, shown here.
Note the real live mushrooms and brussel sprouts.



I love this one! It's a geometric cube and please note the cute little oyster I made out of limes. :)




And here is our Advanced Class. Perfectly small.

Note: the designs on yesterdays blog were indeed mixed up. The first one was a foliage sampler where we experimented with new foliages and then added in the birds of paradise. The second one is the Asian formal linear design (the red one with the ginger, anthurium, uluhe, and kiwi branch).

5 comments:

Megan said...

I can't believe that you are done already. Time has just flown by!! I can't wait until March when I come out and you can show me your stuff for real.

Tammy said...

Congrats on finishing your first two parts of this adventure. It will be fun for you to work in the flower shop and put your skills to the test. Good luck and have fun. Can't wait until the end of March to see the rest of the things you will learn. I am proud of you - Love you - Mom

The Brandleys said...

Love love love love LOVE the cube one! Adorable! Matt even thought it was awesome! Can't wait to see more in march.

Blissful & Domestic said...

I love all of it!! You are so talented!!

Unknown said...

loving it!!! I want to do that!