Thursday, February 7, 2008

Day Four...

Ok, today was the first day of contemporary, so we started with the Asian persuasion. We did three arrangements and they were all really cool and a lot of fun. I really can't decide which style I like better yet - Asian or European. They're both so different and we do European tomorrow, so I guess I'll be able to have a better idea then. That's pretty much the style I've always done though, so it was cool to do the Asian stuff and experiment with negative space and what not. I really like it because it tends to be really dramatic and thought provoking. Anyway...so here are the three pieces we did today. Can you believe that tomorrow is my last day of class for a month? Weird. It went by so fast, and that means that I've lived in Portland for almost a month. Super crazy! Anyway...

This one is an Asian formal linear design. It's actually only done in foliage for this one and I tried to capture the movement at the bottom with the trailing bear grass. It barely fit in the picture!

This is the same one we did above, but we added in our Birds of Paradise

Yet another angle of the Asian formal linear.

Shoot! I forgot what this one is called...but it's pretty cool, eh? :) Asian...something... I remember it had something to do with using Fibonacci's code, but I forget. It may just be another take on Asian formal linear. I think I might have gotten the two names confused. Oh well...

This is an Asian armature, which means that you use branches or a nest of sorts to stick your flowers into your container. Also, that companion piece at the bottom is done using "petaling," which is apparently really popular right now. Interesting anyway, and fun to do because it's funky and artsy. :)

1 comments:

Tammy said...

Very cool and very different - I like the ones with the Birds of Paradise in them they are pretty. No I can't believe it has almost been a month - that is crazy - it went by really fast. When do your start at the flower shop? Love your mommy